FG DESIGN STUDIO
FG Design Studio is an independent platform for architectural design and research pushing innovation within socially conscious and sustainable thought. The work demonstrates a multidisciplinary, research-driven approach. Unique design opportunities are found within critical analysis of cultural, social, economic, and environmental implications to enable new ways for people to interact with each other as well as with the built environment.
Look what's new and exciting at FG DESIGN STUDIO:
• Farzana Gandhi shared her vision of the role of the architect in the future of Public Interest Design in a talk titled, "Pencils + Post-its" at the 2014 Structures For Inclusion Conference this March.
• Farzana Gandhi was invited to share a recent project as a presenter and panelist for the 2013 UXPA's World Usability Day event this November.
• FG Design Studio is featured in Urban Omnibus, an online publication of The Architectural League of NY for the design of a Mobile Wellness Unit for the Latino community in South Williamsburg. Check out the article here!
• Farzana Gandhi was one of three international architects invited by the University of Puerto Rico to lead a group of local students in the Design Build Collective Architecture Workshop held in San Juan, Puerto Rico in September. View some images of the awesome public space interventions that she and the students built in La Perla here !
• Farzana Gandhi was invited to lecture on her current work and research on September 4th as a featured speaker in the 2013 Arquitectura Panorama Cambiante Conference held at the Colegio de Arquitectos y Arquitectos Paisajistas de Puerto Rico.
• New Project on the boards: Keeping busy designing a Pop Up Space for Long Island City!
• The Mobile Wellness Unit design / client team presented the project in the “DesigNYC: Design Empathy Pecha Kucha” as part of the NYC x DESIGN Wanted Design Fair this past Spring!
• Farzana Gandhi received the 2013 Leadership Award for Sustainable Development + Design, in recognition of outstanding achievement and contribution in architecture + sustainable development, by the Association for International Conferences!
• Farzana Gandhi was invited to share her current work as the Keynote Speaker at the Spring 2013 International Conference on Education, Sustainable Development, Leadership + Policy at Columbia University.
• Farzana Gandhi enjoyed sharing thoughts on the architectural identity of capital cities in India over time with Dean Judith DiMaio at the NYIT Auditorium on Broadway in the Spring. If you missed us, watch “A Conversation about India,” here.
More coming soon!