FARZANA GANDHI DESIGN STUDIO
• Farzana Gandhi was in the company of some wonderful speakers at this year's EAEE / ARCC 2016 International Conference in Lisbon, Portugal this June! She was honored to present her ongoing research and participate in great conversation on the design for societal challenges. Her paper titled, "The Vertical Lateral: a model for social impact design education" will be published in an upcoming hardcover book by Taylor & Francis.
• There was much to be learned at the 2016 National Conference on the Beginning Design Student in San Luis Obispo, CA. Aside from enjoying the beautiful weather, Farzana Gandhi has the pleasure of presenting her paper, "The 1:1 from Day One," which will be published in upcoming conference proceedings.
• Supported by a generous ISRC Grant, design is underway for the AppDock for Africa project! We look forward to heading to Senegal soon and working alongside the community for this important project.
• Farzana Gandhi was thrilled to present the Flexible City project at the 2015 Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture [ACSA] Fall Conference: Between the Autonomous and Contingent object in Syracuse. Her paper, co-authored with Matthias Altwicker will be published in conference proceedings.
• The BBC featured our now patented (!) Roof System in a segment for their worldwide television series called Horizons. Check out the episode here.
• The Mobile Wellness Unit project is named a Finalist for the Sylvia Harris Citizen Design Award! In related news, we've raised almost $1500 in just a few weeks through our Indiegogo Crowdsourcing Campaign. Thank you to our supporters!
• Farzana Gandhi presented the Home2o Roof System research along with her colleague, Jason Van Nest, at the 2014 Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture [ACSA] Fall Conference: Working Out Thinking While Building in Halifax. Their paper, “New Design-Build Directions: Training the Architect as a Product Designer” has been published in conference proceedings.
• Flexible City inspired great conversation after being exhibited for several weeks at Warehouse 623 Gallery in Brooklyn and also at the Weston Hall Gallery at the New Jersey Institute of Technology in Newark as part of "Five Proposals for the Future of the Atlantic Yards."
• Farzana Gandhi was selected to share her vision of the role of the architect in the future of Public Interest Design in a talk titled, "Pencils + Post-its" at the 2014 Structures For Inclusion Conference in March.
• Farzana Gandhi was invited to share a recent project as a presenter and panelist for the 2013 UXPA's World Usability Day event in November.
• FG Design Studio is featured in Urban Omnibus, an online publication of The Architectural League of NY for the design of a Mobile Wellness Unit for the Latino community in South Williamsburg. Check out the article here!
• Farzana Gandhi was one of three international architects invited by the University of Puerto Rico to lead a group of local students in the Design Build Collective Architecture Workshop held in San Juan, Puerto Rico in September. View some images of the awesome public space interventions that she and the students built in La Perla here !
• Farzana Gandhi was invited to lecture on her current work and research on September 4th as a featured speaker in the 2013 Arquitectura Panorama Cambiante Conference held at the Colegio de Arquitectos y Arquitectos Paisajistas de Puerto Rico.
• New Project on the boards: Keeping busy designing a Pop Up Space for Long Island City!
• The Mobile Wellness Unit design / client team presented the project in the “DesigNYC: Design Empathy Pecha Kucha” as part of the NYC x DESIGN Wanted Design Fair this past Spring!
• Farzana Gandhi received the 2013 Leadership Award for Sustainable Development + Design, in recognition of outstanding achievement and contribution in architecture + sustainable development, by the Association for International Conferences!
• Farzana Gandhi was invited to share her current work as the Keynote Speaker at the Spring 2013 International Conference on Education, Sustainable Development, Leadership + Policy at Columbia University.
• Farzana Gandhi enjoyed sharing thoughts on the architectural identity of capital cities in India over time with Dean Judith DiMaio at the NYIT Auditorium on Broadway in the Spring. If you missed us, watch “A Conversation about India,” here.